Online Blended Learning
Elementary food hygiene is our most popular food hygiene course and is the certificate your most likely to see hanging on the wall in restaurants up and down the country.
The more flexible blended learning option allows the delegate to complete the course material online and then visit our Glasgow test centre to complete the written exam at a time that suits them.
Designed and moderated by the Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland, this certificate should be recognised by all environmental health officers in Scotland.
The course helps those who handle food understand the risks involved and better manage food safety in their workplace.
- Module 1: An introduction to Food Hygiene
- Module2 : Bacteria and their characteristics
- Module 3: The incidence of food poisoning and its prevention
- Module 4: Personal hygiene and working habits of the food handler
- Module 5: The working environment
- Module 6: Common food pests and their control
- Module 7: Cleaning practices
- Module 8: HACCP
- Module 9: Food safety legislation