Elementary food hygiene is our most popular food hygiene course and is the certificate your most likely to see hanging on the wall in restaurants up and down the country.
Designed and moderated by the Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland, this certificate should be recognised by all environmental health officers in Scotland.
The course helps those who handle food understand the risks involved and better manage food safety in their workplace.
- Module 1: An introduction to Food Hygiene
- Module2 : Bacteria and their characteristics
- Module 3: The incidence of food poisoning and its prevention
- Module 4: Personal hygiene and working habits of the food handler
- Module 5: The working environment
- Module 6: Common food pests and their control
- Module 7: Cleaning practices
- Module 8: HACCP
- Module 9: Food safety legislation
Dates & Locations
REFHC: REHIS Elementay Food Hygiene (classroom)
The instructor Amanda was great! She really knows her stuff. Very useful course - 10/10.