This practical one day PAT training course equips delegates with the necessary knowledge and practical skills to carry out the inspection and testing of portable appliances to meet legal requirements. It’s ideal for anyone looking to carry out the in-house testing within their organisation.
This course is for any electrical & competent non electrical personnel who will be required to perform safety checks of portable equipment as part of their duties and wish to learn the correct procedure in accordance with the IET 4th edition Code Of Practice.
This course ensures that personnel can safely undertake electrical safety testing of portable appliances in their workplace using the correct test meter procedures. It promotes an understanding of the risks involved with portable electrical equipment and precautions required when carrying out testing.
The course is practically focused with delegates getting hands-on experience with the equipment.
- Module 1: Introduction to types of portable appliances and hazards
- Module 2: IET 4th Edition code of practice for in service inspection & testing
- Module 3: UK electricity at work regulations 1989
- Module 4: Classes of systems
- Module 5: Importance of visual checks
- Module 6: Test procedures and intervals
- Module 7: Practical Session: Testing of portable appliances including IT equipment and extension leads
- Module 8: Labelling of appliances
Guaranteed to take place
Unlike other providers, we guarantee your booked course will go ahead, regardless of the number of spaces filled. This gives you peace of mind that your training needs will be met.