This course is for any electrical & competent non electrical personnel who will be required to perform safety checks of portable equipment as part of their duties and wish to learn the correct procedure in accordance with the IET 4th edition Code Of Practice.
This course ensures that personnel can safely undertake electrical safety testing of portable appliances in the workplace using the correct test meter procedures. It promotes an understanding of the risks involved with portable electrical equipment and precautions required when carrying out testing.
- Module 1: Introduction to types of portable appliances and hazards
- Module 2: IET 4th Edition code of practice for in service inspection & testing
- Module 3: UK electricity at work regulations 1989
- Module 4: Classes of systems
- Module 5: Importance of visual checks
- Module 6: Test procedures and intervals
- Module 7: Practical Session: Testing of portable appliances including IT equipment and extension leads
- Module 8: Labelling of appliances